Making a photostory was a creative project that took me back to the days of simple plots with one protagonist and one antagonist. The concept could not be overly complex because the viewer has to be able to understand the conflict through photographs. To achieve this, I created a storyline of two good friends walking outside and one of them gets robbed. When I thought about who would play the characters, I decided on two of my friends that have a height difference. Kristen would play the victim of the robbery and Rachel, who is substantially taller, would play the protagonist.
To make it more obvious who my characters represented, I had them dress femine and girly. Jacob played the antagonist. I had him dress in darker clothing; he also wore sunglasses to appear more mysterious. When completeing this project, I set up the music to allign with the storyline. For example, when Jacob was stealing Kristen’s red purse the fast-paced music kicks in. This provides the viewer with cues to how they should be feeling toward the characters.
To conclude, I am very happy with my photostory. I think there is a definite protagonist, antagonist, conflict, action, and resolution. There are a variety of shot sizes too.